View Larger Image
John Hanson Briscoe on
Former St. Mary’s County Circuit Court Judge and Speaker of the Maryland House of Delegates John Hanson Briscoe tells of the efforts made during the 1960s and 1970s to improve the relationship between St. Mary’s County and the Patuxent River Naval Air Station during the April 17 program “St. Mary’s County Before and After BRAC” at the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum. The program, the second in a series on the history of St. Mary’s County/Pax River relationship, is sponsored by the museum association in celebration of the 100th anniversary of naval aviation. Flanking Briscoe are the other two speakers, (l-r) Bob Waxman, senior consultant to the MIL Corporation and one of the original employees at Webster Field in St. Inigoes; and Jack Gelrud, who came to St. Mary’s in 1948 after service in the U.S. Army and opened the first pharmacy in Lexington Park in 1955.